Its that time of the week again, time to participate in Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, which he has posted here. This weeks fun is to write a letter to Genea Santa. He writes,
“Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. Here’s your chance to sit on Genea-Santa’s lap (virtually) and tell him your Christmas genealogy-oriented dreams:
1) Write your Genea-Santa letter. Have you been a good genealogy girl or boy? What genealogy-oriented items are on your Christmas wish list? They could be family history items, technology items, or things that you want to pursue your ancestral quest.
2) Tell us about them in your own blog post, in a comment on this post, or in a Facebook status or Google Stream post.”
After giving it some thought, here is my letter.
Dear Genea Santa,
I have been a good neighbor in the genealogy community. I have offered assistance to others in the community who were needing help in their research. I have joined my local society and hope to volunteer with them next year. I have been to a few other society meetings in the surrounding area and I am considering joining some of those as well. I hope to be able to volunteer with them as well.
Since June, I have made many friends in this wonderful community and I am truly grateful for each of them.
Genea Santa, I have been a very good girl and hope that you can help with a few of the items on my wish list this year.
I would love to have:
- Registration for NGS 2012, with maybe a bit of spending money too.
- My subscription to Ancestry.com to be updated.
- Membership to NEHGS
- Membership to NGS
- Registration and flight to Jamboree 2012
- Flip Pal scanner
I know it seems like a lot and some of my requests are even a trip, but I would be grateful for just a few of the items.
Thank you so much Genea Santa, and I will always believe!